Sat, July 07, 2012
Second place in Eurovision! Not bad for a group of Russian grandmothers. Just another indication that this is indeed The Year of the Babushka.
Given our current obsession with a particular set of older ladies living in Chernobyl’s Exclusion Zone, we’ve decided to set up a separate web page to track the progression of our film project about them. Also, a Twitter feed @babushkasfilm
We recently watched A. D. founder Holly Morris pack up Sky Dancer, a butt load of zip lock bags, and her Leatherman (not much else, strangely) and she is now hurling toward Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Azerbaijan and Turkey to trace the ancient Silk Road Route for the PBS series Globe Trekker. Follow her journey @hollymorris.
the high-minded lowdown from holly morris and the diva blog crew
Get the Goods:
shop the bazaar for the book Adventure Divas: Searching the Globe for Women Who Are Changing the World and the documentary series »
- FROM WOMEN'S ENEWS
- COVER STORY: Gender Gap in Schooling Measures Pendulum's Motion »
- Clinton Speaks Out; U.N. Fails Refugees in Chad »
- FEATURE: Cambodia's Sochua Calls for Clinton to Act »
- OPINION: 'Brides' March' Marries Itself to Quest for Safety »
- FEATURE: October Films Offer 'An Education' in Controversy »