Tue, November 01, 2011
Kiran Bedi, the rabble rousing Indian top cop and anti-corruption guru who we featured in Adventure Divas: India, makes the opinion pages of yesterday’s New York Times. Check out her comments on the Occupy movement and learn about her role with team Anna Hazare.
“We’re not anti-capitalism,” she says in the article, “we’re pro-integrity.”
And you better believe it. After all, Bedi’s first notable act as India’s first female cop was to tow the prime minister’s car (hey, we was illegally parked). Then she went on to
reform India’s notorious prison system- with meditation and other unlikely revolutionary tools.....
the high-minded lowdown from holly morris and the diva blog crew
Get the Goods:
shop the bazaar for the book Adventure Divas: Searching the Globe for Women Who Are Changing the World and the documentary series »
- FROM WOMEN'S ENEWS
- COVER STORY: Gender Gap in Schooling Measures Pendulum's Motion »
- Clinton Speaks Out; U.N. Fails Refugees in Chad »
- FEATURE: Cambodia's Sochua Calls for Clinton to Act »
- OPINION: 'Brides' March' Marries Itself to Quest for Safety »
- FEATURE: October Films Offer 'An Education' in Controversy »