Mon, September 04, 2006
This week marks the official launch of DivaTours. A long time coming. We’ve talked about this endeavor for, gosh, years. It took form organically: we’ve received hundreds of emails from people saying, essentially, “I want to go with!”—to which we responded that we were a production company, not a tour company.
To be honest, I’ve always been turned off by the word ‘Tour’ as it harkened up for me an image of air conditioned busses and scagillions of museums. Anything but the grit and humanity and magic of the best kind of travel. Yet, if part of our core mission is to connect people—divas—around the world, to traffic in the inspired work and ideas they are producing—why not expand the way we go about it? Why not have tours that combine the personal liberation inherent to adventure with making meaningful human connections around the globe? Thus, the birth of DivaTours.
the high-minded lowdown from holly morris and the diva blog crew
Get the Goods:
shop the bazaar for the book Adventure Divas: Searching the Globe for Women Who Are Changing the World and the documentary series »
- FROM WOMEN'S ENEWS
- COVER STORY: Gender Gap in Schooling Measures Pendulum's Motion »
- Clinton Speaks Out; U.N. Fails Refugees in Chad »
- FEATURE: Cambodia's Sochua Calls for Clinton to Act »
- OPINION: 'Brides' March' Marries Itself to Quest for Safety »
- FEATURE: October Films Offer 'An Education' in Controversy »